Do you buy your produce at a market or the grocery store during the summer?

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 10:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• I get what I can at the farmer's market (I work at a few at my mom's booth, so it's very convenient, and the produce is FANTASTIC!). From there, I go to a food stand that's near my place with really good produce. If I can't meet my needs between those, I go to Whole Foods to Trader Joe's.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I prefer the farmer's market. I get a lot of free stuff from some friends and family who farm. What I do not get from them I buy at the farmer's market.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Both. We go once a week to the Farmer's Market but they don't have things that my boys like. Like bananas so I do get what we don't at Safeway or Trader Joes.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I also prefer the farmer's market. Lots of veggies I get at Walmart or Ingles just don't have any flavor, and the homegrown ones taste so much better, IMO. So when the farmer's market is open, that's where we go. There's also a really nice older guy that sells cantaloupe and watermelon on the side of the road near my MIL's house, and when we have cash, I LOVE those watermelons!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• both.. if I'm at the grocery store I check out the produce.. the produce they sell that is local they have special signs for so sometimes I buy there for convenience.. other foods I know I can't get at a local farmers market so I get at the grocery store.

I do love to go to farmers markets though.. their baked goods are sooo sooo yummy. lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• There aren't any farmer's markets anywhere close to here so I have to buy everything at the grocery store.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011