Do you ever feel like you want to?

just go in your room shut and lock the door and tell everyone to leave you alone? Do your kids every get on your nerves asking and talking non-stop all day that you just want to get away for a little while? What do you do to de-stress and relax?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I need some private time I take a shower.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• pookie is right...........mommy time out!!... I used to "have to go to the bathroom" LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Of course I do, and I did! My kids have a dad, i'm not the only parent in the house. I would let them know that mommy doesnt' live here anymore and if they needed anything to go to daddy. I would either leave the house or lock myself in the bathroom with candles, music and a bubble bath
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Tell them mommy needs a time out. Have them play in their room or watch a movie. It is ok to need a break.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I feel like that right now! When I can't take it anymore, I let them watch something with some educational value or I get them coloring and get out my mp3 and listen to music for a bit. It helps me relax and even makes doing chores better to just have my music going and them not hasseling me for a few minutes.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes I totally have days like that. I usually try to get her to settle down & watch tv while I can sit & read, lay & close my eyes or be on the computer. Usually I just need to not be running around doing all kinds of stuff.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I grab a book and park my bum on the sofa and turn them on a movie. They can either watch their movie or get a book to read. They don't get TV often so once that TV comes on they know to sit down, hush and watch because it could be a long time before it happens again
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately, so I signed up for Zumba classes at the Y. You wouldn't believe how much better just an hour can make you feel! I get to talk with other moms and grandmas, and everyone is super nice. It also helps a lot with my anxiety disorder- I am slowly convincing myself that not everyone is staring and laughing at me. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes, I feel that way probably too much. I have gone upstairs and locked myself in my bedroom, but they don't like it when I do. Being on here is my "relief." They play and I get to do this. I get out of the house alone as often as possible. I try to go grocery shopping alone and I love to go to Goodwill. Even leaving my two in the playroom while I take a few minutes to make a quick clean up of the house is good for me too.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes. LOL! My baby was up ALL NIGHT last night and I am so tired. Of course the second the older kids woke up, the baby went to sleep and I just want to scream. I keep having to remind myself that this wont last forever.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011