mirena the IUD - are you happy with it? any problems?

I got prego taking orthotricyclin and the Progesteron only pill, and my dr said that an IUD was the way to go, but i want to know if anyone has had any bad/good whatever experiences you've had with it.

alishaleigh

Asked by alishaleigh at 6:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I got it a few months ago and i cramped for a while and bleed for about 2 months off and on but now everything is perfect. i love it! and if you dont like it just make an appt. to get it taken out.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have mirena. i have had it for 5 months now. my period is screwed up. sometimes i have a normal period, sumtimes just spotting. never know when im gonna get my period. i have had 2 friends get pregnant while using this type of birthcontrol. not sure if i would recommend it or not
    KaydensMom526

Answer by KaydensMom526 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I got mine last MAY..Other than some very bad cramps..here and there..I love it, I would advise everyone to try it..Love it, Love it! My period has also stopped !
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I did have that I would never get that again. It gave me 4 cysts
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i LOVED my mirena. i had it for 14 months and didn't have a period for the last 12 months. i will say that i thought i was pregnant a few times becuase my periods stopped coming. i also developed two cysts on my left ovary that eventually went away. i got my mirena removed on Dec. 1st to try for another baby. i had my period two days later, ovulated to weeks later and i am currently waiting to see if i am pregnant.

there are a lot of people out there who hated theirs. i would make sure you do your research first. good luck! xoxo
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 6:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have the Mirena and I love it. Best choice I have ever made.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have had mine in since 2/07 and I love mine. I have no period just once in a while I have some really light spotting. No cramps or pms either. I'm happy with it.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008