How to get a child to sleep in her own bed?

When my daughter came home form the hospital she slept iin her own room with the door closed n a night light on. Now 2 1/2 yrs later shes right in the middle of my bed. She has a bran new twin bed, still a night light but she will not for the life of me sleep in her room. Ne ideas????

AudinCadesMommy

Asked by AudinCadesMommy at 11:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• consistency is key... every time she gets in your bad take her back to her bed & tuck her back in... leave the door open if you have to. It helps to have a special good night cd you can turn on at bed time, then again when you put her back to bed. That way the strange night time noise don't scare her and she knows it's time to go back to sleep. Don't give in and let her stay in your bed. That's what worked for my DD any ways. Good luck! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I asked the same question. Its hard. I have to get up in the middle of the night to put my 2 year old back in his bed but my 8 year old comes in my bed in the middle of the night as well sometimes
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I used gates. I ended up putting one gate on top of the other for my daughter lol. But she would roam the house in the middle of the night, THEN come into bed with us lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2011