I KNOW this makes me a terrible person but...

Okay, I would NEVER actually do this, although I know even thinking about it probably makes me a terrible person but sometimes at night when I take my walk, just me and my dog, I wonder what it would be like to just keep walking and not come back, it's not that I have the actual desire to make a run for it, I am terribly in love with my husband and my kids are my world, but when I just let my imagination run free I start building scenarios revolving around me running away from home...I wonder what my husband would do, how long he would look for me, what would happen with our kids, would he continue to raise them himself or would he move back with his mom so she could help him..then I imagine what kind of life I would have if I had never gotten married and had kids....

I want to say again that I have no actual desire to run away from home...it's almost like a game I play in my head...I don't know..either way it sounds pretty terrible...any clue as to why I do this? And does anyone else play...well I guess disturbing games like that?

I'll probably be bashed for this

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I just go for a walk and pretend like I have nothing to go home to, no bills, no diapers that need changing, no dishes in the sink, no trash that needs to be taken out and no broken washer to repair..

I know all of those things are waiting for me to get home but I just relax and try to pretend that for those 15 minutes I can relax and not worry!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I know what you mean....DH and I are both in military and my mind wanders to what would happen if either of us were to get shot and/or die while deployed. It usually makes me start crying.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'm sure this has been thought by every woman in America.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Having responsibilities is tough. Sometimes imagining a temporary escape is our way of coping. Do something to pamper yourself. Get a manicure/pedi, go to the gym, take a break.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i think its a natural thing to do. whether ur married with kids or not. i use to do that be i got married to my husband. i have a 15 mon old with another man and i think sometimes wat my life would be like if i had married him. i def would never have married that other guy but we always have thoughts in the back of our minds. i love my husband to death and i would never change anything...but still u just always wonder. lol
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You sound human to me.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Im like the others, ur human, thers nothing wrong with thinking like that until u actually do it
    AudinCadesMommy

Answer by AudinCadesMommy at 11:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Thanx ladies! I honestly thought I was the only one that did that! I was thinking like what the hell is wrong with me???? You ladies are awesome
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Me too!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LOL I have gotten so maxed out that I actually searched for apartments once. I was thinking about having a little place I could go to just to get away for a few hours and read a book or something.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011