Seems to me that alot of mother in laws are jealous

I dont know why, but alot of Mother in laws that I know treat their Daughter in laws badly. Are they mad because someone else has stepped in to care for their son? That they are no longer the ones that waive on their every hand and foot? I dont understand why they cant be happy for their son, and love their new daughter as their own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• My mother in law isn't jealous, plus it says in the bible that at marriage he leaves and starts his own family (it's in Genesis I believe, they said the verse at our wedding.) Now if you're still living with your mother in law, then that's your own problem!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Please..find a good answer and inform me as well..My MIL is..If it isn't her way ..it's no way..wtf ever..over it!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my mother in law loved me and treated me like one of her and wanted me 2 be with her son so not all r bad
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No prettyrayray I dont live with my MIL. Never have, I have been nothing but nice to her since I have been with her son, but to be honest she is a B*^&%. She plays nice to my face, then turns around and talks smack about me for nothing. Shes crazy!
    Anonymous

• My mother in law loves me to death. And i love her too. She is a great person, very lovely and kind. She also is an awesome grandmother to my little girl. She said that her son would never find a better wife than me :)

YAY to my momma-in-law... xD
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Wow, that really sucks! That's really immature if she's talking behind your back :(
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my ex's mother was like that. i think it was cause i took her baby boy from her. oh well. my new mother in law treats me great but i think she is grateful to me cause i got his son to start going back to church. to grow up and be a real man. thing was he was this all along he just didn't have someone to love him for his fault and someone that he wanted to make himself better for. i told him what i needed and wanted and he stepped up to the plate.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have the same issue as the OP. My MIL is all nicey nice to my face then tells other people bad thing about me. Some here on cafemom. I don't know what her deal is but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact she is NOT the #1 woman in her sons life anymore. It's our daughter and me then her...

Anonymous

• That is a steriotype. My mother-in-law loves me and she always takes my side if I have a problem with my husband. She is like my best friend and she has helped me through a lot of stuff.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• There may be a few mil's out there who are jealous. But the majority of the problems are the wives being jealous of the relationship their husband has with his mother. And the fact that she will always be his mother. Wives are replaceable. My mil adores me and I adore her. We have most of my life.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:21 AM on Dec. 17, 2008