Weaning Breastfeeding!! I need HELP!

My baby is 9 months old, and she Is very attached to the boob, if you know what I mean.... but, there is a problem, only one of mine is still producing. So, Im trying to wean, and it is sooo hard. She won't take a bottle, and I really don't want to pump. I just want to stop altogether. And also, When I do wean her off, is there anything I can take to stop producing in my one breast, just so it doesn't become completely engorged and hard as a rock? I really hope another momma knows the answer to my crazy questions!!

londynsmomma

Asked by londynsmomma at 11:18 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• The best way to wean to prevent engorgement and mastitis is to drop one feeding every 3 - 4 days. That's how long it takes your body to adjust milk production by one feeding. Once you have stopped nursing, you can try taking an antihistamine like benadryl  if you are having engorgement issues.  I have a friend who did one-sided nursing because one side didn't produce milk.  She was lopsided but nursed her son well over 2 years.  You can try mixing milk and formula until your DD is OK with all formula in her bottle.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have a 13 mo old I want to wean sometime soon. I have started less feedings during the day. He also gets milk already too. My issue is night time. He cannot go to bed without the breast. He just will not fall asleep without it. Milk won't work. I don't want to replace the breast with a bottle or BM, for I really just want him to fall asleep without any of it. I am curious to read the responses here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2011