Creative moms! I would love some suggestions and ideas!

I'm starting to plan my twins second birthday thats in September and would love some suggestions and ideas :D

I'm going with either a vehicle (on the go) theme or a construction theme, but I can't decide. Which ever gives me more options for decor and games is what I'll probably go with.

((see, if I go with construction, idk how I would fit like firetrucks etc in, so thats why I'm leaning more towards "on the go"))

there will be about three or four three year olds, 4 two year olds (including my twins) and maybe a few other children I'm forgetting about lol. so these are the ages I have to keep in mind when planning games.

my best idea at this point is making a roadway in our driveway which chalk and putting out all my boys ride on toys (they have a ton lol)

I was thinking of finding some big boxes and making them into cars and having a "paint the cars station"

I'd love some more game/activity ideas

also, some creative decor and party favor ideas as well.

I'm NOT really into the whole cheap, random tiny toy thing for favors. I mean I have to keep to a small budget but I'd love cutesy things that go with the theme. not just like a crappy yo yo i found at the dollar store that has nothing to do with anything if you know what I mean.

I would also love some invite ideas- links to pics would be appriciated

and my biggest thing right now is thinking of a name for the theme.

I'm thinking something to do with being two and on the go, but I kind of want it to rhyme!

any ideas ladies!?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• For "On the go" you could get cardboard boxes and ribbon. turn the ribbon into shoulder straps and let them "decorate" them as cars/trucks. Then you could do a red light green light game with them.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 12:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Two Flew! How about a general transportation theme--planes, trains, ships, buses, cars . . .? You could get them to work in turns as a group to arrange chairs to suggest these different transportation modes. Then the passengers could sit and voice the sound effects. Your cake and decorations could include all the different modes of transporation. For favors, you could give them their choice of a small toy reflecting their favorite mode of transport.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 4:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• ok i think you got the idea so try to focus in details as colors of the cake with ballons and cheap prizes for the games. I think That twins picture will be part of that brothers. remember they will want to see them selfs toguether in pictures because that will be their memories.
    Do your plan and 10 photo shothing with the twins as main figure like with cake, the pinata , the closest family , brother playing toguether, nice shots . before the party ends of course have some body helping with the guests. you will chose like bob the builder or fire men or trucks boys themes have one cake table one gift table and food table. you will need help so have everything on time . i dont know if a jumping air device is convenient for older kids and to be off the cake area. so plan, write and make it . bye
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Try Oriental Trading Company, they have so many ideas for kids parties.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2011