What is with...

all the sensitiveness sometimes? When I answered another post a few days ago I made a joke about how I wanted to get deployed but that DH would have to stop getting me pregnant first. An innocent joke, I have said it to his face and he thought it was pretty funny. Yet apparently some moms here on CM did not find it amusing at all and it got a few down votes. It was a simple joke, I love DH, I love DD, and I love the baby that I am growing right now. It was just a joke because I was pregnant last year and I really wanted to get deployed sometime later this year but in May we found out I was pregnant again, after using birth control and condoms, so it was a bit of a laugh. Some people are so touchy!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 11:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Drama queens! I think they have to either be in the military to understand or a military spouse. I find it funny and can laugh about it because its just a joke! Kinda like the "you can tell when a group is about to get back by the number of pregnant wives there are"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• can not hear tone of voice or body language through computer screen
    many things are read and the interpretation is cloudy by what kind of day the reader has had or their personality etc

when joking in person, it becomes obvious
    when kidding on compter - more difficult to tell

bet 90% or those whose did not like commnet, would have laughed, giggles or at least smiled
    if they heard your comment face to face
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Because people think every votedown diminishes your character, charges your bank account, causes weight gain, and means you're more likely to have a cheating spouse. Sensitivity, you say? Its a game, no bearing on real life.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I think it was funny....what did they object to?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not really sure. LOL, but at the end of the comment I did put LOL, to make sure everyone knew it was a joke.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I took it as a joke too. Not sure why people were upset.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LOL, you don't even know, almost every woman I know at this base is pregnant!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I got voted down once for how I eat any cookies with heads - head first. CM is a strange animal.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 11:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Awh AF - was that really necessary? Why don't you like me?
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 1:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LOL! Actually I thought that comment was pretty funny Y.B.normal....I like to bit the heads off my gummy bears first! Apparently someone else doesn't agree.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011