baby shower.....

my SO's family is having a shower for me in january i am due in march. but my sister is also planning my shower in january is it far to have two showers and should they be that close or should i wait to have the one with my sister to maybe once the baby is born?

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im having my baby shower in jan to but my little one is due in feb
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think it's OK to have them so long as you aren't inviting the same people from the first.
    Anonymous

• Have the showers in Jan. As long as you can handle it everything will be fine. There's no rule when you have to have a baby shower. Plus having the gifts before the baby is born so your ready takes a real load off your shoulders and gives you time to celebrate your little one. Plus once the baby is born your not going to want too many people around the little one all at once it'll be too hectic, believe me I did it once and my poor baby seemed stressed out.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 6:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well it doesnt matter like the previous poster said if you can handle it...then do it ;o)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Anyone can throw you a shower any time they want! It's up to the person throwing the shower when they want it to be (As long as you can make it of course!). Don't stress about them being so close together. The odds are that there are two different guest lists and anyone who is going to both obviously loves you enough to go to two parties in one month for you. Besides if a person is invited to two showers they still only have to give one gift so no worries. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the parties!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think having two is just fine! And you should have them before the baby is born, so if there's anything you need to return you can, and you will know what everyone got you so if there's anything else you still need you can get it beforehand. Once the baby comes you won't have time for a while to go get that stuff. Mights well get it all before lil baby comes. Congrats by the way!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Doesn't matter at all! Mine were a month apart, though the second one was a little too close to the end for me! I know of people that have had two showers on one weekend! My bridal showers were six days apart. It just depends on who's coming to which, I guess. Have fun!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• its going to be two different groups of people one with my SO family who i love dearly and the other will be freinds and my family so i guess that wont be so bad thanks for the advice ladies!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008