Opinions.....38 weeks pregnant

Since yesterday afternoon I've been having braxton hicks contractions more often (bout 2 every hour). They are a little painful, meaning I feel cramping with them in my lower abdomen and lower back and I feel increased pressure in my pelvic area. They arent painful enough to keep me awake or wake me up. I've been having them since I woke up this morning too. But like I said only about 2 an hour. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I know that it doesnt mean I will go into labor soon which is fine, baby will come soon enough when he is ready. What I was wondering is....is it normal for them to increase like this around this time of pregnancy? I never had any signs or contractions with my daughter (my water just broke one day), so I dont know how this part works exactly. I've also had some other later pregnancy symptoms this time as well. Its throwing me for a loop lol. Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated :)

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh and I know I'm not dehydrated, I drink like 2 gallons of water a day.
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• When is your next OB appointment? They'll check your cervix

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I had braxton hicks alllll the time. From about 18 weeks on. They even got to one point one day they were coming every 2 mins for an hour. So we went the hospital and they stopped. I would say try to take it easy. Lay down for a while and if they don't stop or become increaseingly painful call your OB. GL!

Oh and the day my water broke I had only braxton hick off and on all day.
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 12:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I just had an appointment Tuesday and I was 1 cm. My next one is the 12th. I had to do that, I was having contractions last week that were about 5 minutes apart and it was like that for 3 hours. We headed to the hospital and they stopped shortly after. These havent increased in pain or time. And they stop if I am moving and start again when I relax. So I'm pretty sure they arent real contractions but like I said I didnt have contractions with my daughter until after my water broke, so I'm a little unsure.
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011