Babies father wants me back, what should I do?

My twins dad wants me back in his life because he said he never gets to see them anymore, I don't want him back in their lives because he was never there when we needed him, HE WASN'T EVEN AT THEIR BIRTHS !!! And now he just wants me to take him back with open arms I don't think so. I know its important to have a father in my kids life but he just isn't the one. When I was pregnant he was trying so hard to have me get rid of my children no matter what it was adoption,abortion, killing them by not eating. As you can tell if he didn't want them then why does he want them now. I'm super confused here, any suggestions?

brittbritt103

Asked by brittbritt103 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• the main thing is to keep them safe as well as yourself..you should do the court thing but you should also tell them that until he can be trusted you would like the visits to be suppervised .. that way there not alone with them..
    D-Lin

Answer by D-Lin at 2:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Doesn't sound like a good idea. If he's interested in getting more time with your children, he should go through the courts and have a visitation schedule and child support orders put into place. Ignore his requests.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Make him go through the courts for visitation. Sounds like he won't and you will not have to deal with him.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Killing them by not eating?! No, I don't think any mother should have a deranged man in their or their kid's life...
    amanda.2

Answer by amanda.2 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I know its important to have a father in my kids life but he just isn't the one.

While I agree that you should not get back with him. He is their father and no one can change that no matter how bad he is. Good luck!

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i would highly suggest going through the court system if you are uncomfortable. but i wll tell u this though, having him in their life is one thing, but to be back with him, that would be extreme, i wouldnt do that at all. when i was pregnant with my daughter her dad wasnt there for her birth either, he wanted me to have an abortion and bc i didnt it caused a lot of problems with me and him....until i had her..then his whole attitude changed and thank God, he is actually a really good father to our child.
    acha1985

Answer by acha1985 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sounds like a no brainer..............NO
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Its easy not to love someone you have never met or felt move inside you. Its easy to want them gone when you have never looked into there eyes. People make mistakes and talk to soon. Its easier to be angry than to forgive. But you must always keep in mind they are not just your children reguardless of how he acted. Its not your decision to make what do you think the kids would want if only they could understand? Also wouldint you want a second chance if it were different? In the long run your children will only blame you not him.. Its tough i know but you must do the right thing good luck.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011