Reasons for leaving husband/ Significant other

If your husband had a secret, something he did in his life before you were married, and you completely morally rejected that idea but found out about it would you leave him?

For example: Drugs, Murder, paid to abort his child, used a prostitute...
What would you leave him for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Before marriage.. drugs, abortion, prosititute--no
    Murder yes.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't know.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The only thing that I dont think I would be able to work through is if my husband were violent or abusive in any other way with my children or me. I think we could work through any and everything else...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:53 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Pedophilia or murder I suppose would be it. 

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If he did something that hurt a person, especially a child, for any reason other than self defense, I don't think I'd be able to get past that. Aside from that, I really don't think there's anything else that he could do before our meeting and getting together that I would leave for. Of course, it would also depend on what it was, when before we met he did it (right before? years before?), and how and when I found out. After 40 years together, his behavior and personality during that 40 years would far outweigh anything he did before I met him, but if we just got together a year ago, then what he did might carry more weight.

For the most part, I think what you do before you meet someone and get in a relationship with them cannot and should not be held against you. Only if it has a serious impact on your entire life should it be taken into account in deciding to be in a relationship.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• usually the past is just that, in the past.But if I found out he did some horrific crime,I would have to consider what my options would be.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Murder, Probably yes.
    Everything else, Probably No.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 1:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Pedophilia yes....because that would most definatly affect our relationship and children, other things no...I believe that most people deserve a second chance and I've done some things I'm not so proud of myself so who am I really to judge?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Pedophilia-------NO. I keep my children away from their family members on their dads side who were convicted of that crime as it is

Other things---its a find out what happened type thing.

All I would want is for him to be honest with me about it.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 2:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Any kind of abuse or neglect of children and murder are about all I can think of?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011