How do I make my skin look fresh and young again?

Or is 28 too old to look fresh and young? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Not too old, I'm 29, and last month had a guy say he thought I was 18.

It helps that I'm naturally baby faced beyond your average gal pushing 30, and I'm naturally oily skinned (which tends not to wrinkle so much; we get acne instead).

But I've also had a life-time of religiously wearing sun block on my face, and I exfoliate a lot (all part of my ance treatment ironically enough).

...and the things that make you look the most young are your bounce in your step, a big smile, and good posture, so keep a good atitude, and try some yoga or something to keep you limber and hunch-free.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Try a good exfoliator or citrus peel.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• im not too sure on a product, but i know i am 25 and i will be 26 in a month and i look like i am still 19, no one ever gets my age right. one, you are still young..lol.. but to stay looking that way i would suggest avoiding being in the sun all the time, i know i do. from what i hear the sun will age your skin.
    acha1985

Answer by acha1985 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Philosophy skin care works best for me. You're never too young to start.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't think having good skin at any age is too old :)

I like to try and relax and once a week I do a detoxifying face mask or a cucumber peel-off mask (you'd be surprised the different and affordable types you can find at walmart), I also like to do a Chamomile tea steam facial.... boil water, once boiled put the chamomile tea in and let it sit for a few minutes while you put your hair in a headband and ponytail. Grab a towel and create kind of like a tent and let it steam on your face for 15 minutes (you'll look silly with your head over a bowl and covered with a towel lol but it's so worth it!), when you finish apply an astringent to close the pores. Your skin will feel AMAZING and soft after this :) (you can google chamomile tea steam facial and you'll get tons of results :) )

Good luck :) and have fun :)
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sunscreen 100% of the time and a good moisturizer at night - plus drink tons of water!
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• 28 is NOT too old! lol. Water is a GREAT way to hydrate your skin, but here is what I would suggest...
    LEMONS! Lemons are FULL of Alpha AND Beta hydroxy acids which help remove dead skin cells(and will help kill unwanted facial bacteria), prevent and treat blackheads, acne, sun spots, discoloration, and age spots. So you need Lemons OR organic lemon juice and sugar, and what you need to do is get a face buffer, or sponge. Soak it in the lemon juice and sprinkle organic sugar on it (For a natural scrub that will soften your skin) You want it all to be organic so you are not putting any unnecessary chemicals on your face.
    You will want to rinse your face with warm water to open the pores, then use your scrub. Take care to avoid your eyes of course. IF it should sting, or feel like it's just too much for you, you can dilute the lemon juice with water.
    You can do this routine once or twice a week.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• In the meantime use organic, or natural daily facial scrubs. Your face may be red or feel like it is irritated for a few mins after scrubbing, but this is a good thing because your face will turn red due to circulation, bringing blood to the surface, you will be stimulating your facial muscles, which in turn strengthen growth and cellular regeneration.
    I hope this helped =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wash my face in noxema which doesn't dry my face out and you could try a vitamin E cream
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2011