Should I chop my hair?

My hair is currently in the middle of my back. It has been this long for over a year. I found a cute hairstyle that would put it above my shoulders, just below my ears. I think I'm ready for another change...what do you think?

liltymesmom

Asked by liltymesmom at 6:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Do it! it is just hair, it will grow back! I do this regularly. In fact, I just hacked off all my hair. I had curly hair that fell about my hips and then I cut if off into a pixie cut above my ears.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• its only hair..do it! just make sure you trust the stylist. i wouldn't walk-in for such a drastic cut. find someone with a similar cut/style, and get their stylist's #.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I wish I could help you but I've been pondering chopping mine, too. Mine's longer than my chest and I've been wanting to get it cut like how Gwyneth Paltrow's is now. But I'm nervous! It looks so good long and my fiance loves it. I think I'll go for 1 more haircut and then chop it. Plus, I'm trying to grow it as long as possible because I donate mine to Locks of Love and they want 10 inches minimum, and I'd like to give 13 or more. If you do chop it, just make sure you have a style or two that you know will look cut : ) Good luck!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Personally, I think your hair is gorgeous long! But look at me, the old woman with long hair, so my opinion is hardly obective!
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Totally do it! Just like some of the other replies its only hair it will grow back. And you might be suprised with the out come! My hair was about as long and as afraid as I was to get it cut short I did and now I cant stop changing my style and cutting it lol I looovvveee it! :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I did it! I love it too!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 12:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2008