Baby swing suggestions..

Anyone have baby swing suggestions (positive or negative)? I'm having a girl and prefer something in girl colors, but neutral colors work as well. I've been trying to find a swing that I like for months and having no luck!

I would like something that doesn't have a HUGE stand (a lot of swings have a 4 foot wide base). I don't mind the direction that it swings in, or if it runs off batteries or plug in. And I won't pay more than $200.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• Im having a girl as well and just fell in love with fisher price butterfly garden papasan swing it is so gorgeous and has alot of cool things to it a canopy that projects lights onto it its well AWSOME lol bout 130 at walmart..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• There is one made by Carters for sale at Kohls that I bought. It's compact and I love it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• we had a travel swing it was small and low to the ground! but we didnt use it much! she only liked it while she was teething but once we got an amber teething necklace she was fine! i wouldnt buy another one! the bouncy seat was a life saver tho!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We had a Fisher Price aquarium swing it had music,lights,vibration and could go side too side or forward and back. ran on batteries or plug.
    We also had a Fisher Price portable small swing was awesome for taking on trips to Hotels or in restaurants even.
    jewelz2u

Answer by jewelz2u at 2:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My youngest was the worst for colic.

I had a swing that my sis got at a resale store. it was battery operated. One day when he had been screaming for 3 days I put him in the swing and started vac. My older son tapped me on the shoulder and motioned to turn the vac off as the baby was asleep. as soon as i turned the vac off, he started screaming. so i started vac again. he went right back to sleep. turned off the vac and he woke up screaming. so i turned it on and left it sitting next to him. this is what we did for the next 11 weeks! when the colic finally ended. the vac burned up a few days later.

it was given a decent burial!

when my granddaughter was born the first thing i bought them was the FP aquarium swing
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 10:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• we had this one for my oldest

just click on open link and it will open it for you

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10758731

and this one for my youngest

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Lovin-Hug-Swing-Winnie-the-Pooh-Peek-A-Pooh-Friends/15907488?findingMethod=rr
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 9, 2011