Do you have one of these jobs?

Dental Assistant

Veterinary Assistant

Library or Teacher's aid

What are the pros and cons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have been a library aid and a teacher's aid. I really liked the position at the library, but the pay is minimum wage. Being a teacher's aid the biggest drawback was that I worked for a small private school and I had recess duty every time the kids were out, had lunch duty every day and didn't get a break from 11 am - 5:30 pm (I also taught the after school program). The upper grade teacher went out on maternity leave and the principal took over her class. Recess went from being 15 minutes at lunch to 30-45 depending on when she decided they needed to come in. I don't think you will have to worry about that with regular schools.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• None of the above ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• none of the above,I am a p[rivate nurses aide
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 9:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Schedule informational interviews with people in your area who have these jobs. Check the job lists, to see if there is a strong job market in these areas.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011