%wHEN did you throw out the bottle and start just a sippy!!!

what age and how did you do it

nesamama

Asked by nesamama at 6:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it on my son's first birthday. We woke up that morning and it was no more bottles.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• 11 months old, also when we switched to milk. The bottles went in the trash with the formula.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• 9 months I started giving Justin sippies as well as bottles when he turned one baba's went bye bye
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 6:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i threw away the baby bottles when they were a year old.
    festival

Answer by festival at 6:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i would stop at 1 yrs and my doctor told me not 2 give a sippy cup 2 start giving a cup so my dd usually drinks from a cup at 9 months
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I stopped giving my son the bottle at 9 months
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We started giving a sippy when we started baby food (around 5 months). By the time they were 8 months old they were drinking our of the cups with no help. By 10 months they were down to just 2 bottles a day. By 11 months it was down to one bottle a day. Everything else was table food and water/juice/milk in a cup as a beverage (not a meal). After their first birthday they got the bottle until the formula ran out which was before they turned 13 months. Once the formula was gone so were the bottles because I never allowed anything but formula in the bottles. They were already drinking milk out of sippy by then so there were no problems.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son is 2.5 years and still uses his bottles, sippys and cups. I refuse to just throw them away. However, he only uses his bottles for milk.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• First son 10 months old and now they have the nuk sippy cup you can start at 6 months!! So my 2nd son is 6 months old now and I have taken the bottle away!
    porterjoshua06

Answer by porterjoshua06 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My daughter was off the bottle completely by 13 months. I plan on doing the same with my 9 month old.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 2:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008