When do you know when your having twins?

i an 19 years old i am a identical twin and i am 11 weeks and four days pregnant when i went to the doctorss at ten weeks i heard one heart beat but everyone keeps tellin me i will have multiples my doctors say i have gained more weight then i should and my aunt was a twin on my dads side but my mom is adopted so what are my chances and when will i know for sure?

jessibeth10

Asked by jessibeth10 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We had an implantation ultrasound and found out about our angels early on.

Most don't find out until their 20 week ultrasound because we all carry differently
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You'll know the first time you have an ultrasound. Unless there are signs that point towards a multiple pregnancy or you're having compilcations you may not have an ultrasound until around 20 weeks. Being and identical twin doesn't increase the odds that you'll have twins because identical twinning is not determined by genetics. Whether you're having one baby or two, good luck and congratulations!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011