IS it normal to be pregnant when the first baby is under a year?

I am a first time mom and wife who is also on the pill and my periods are irregular

persistence5

Asked by persistence5 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why shouldnt it be normal?

im on bc pill too and its always irregular, which is annoying. so im going to get on shot next month. maybe that will help it.

we dont want another child. our little girl is enough for the next few years :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My daughter is going to be 1 in 10 days and I am going to have another baby in 27 days. And my first was 9m whn i got pregnant with my daughter.
    Why wouldnt it be normal. If you are having sex you can get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• happens all the time it is way normal if you ask me
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• There is no "normal" when it comes to this stuff, but yes, if you're having sex, you can be pregnant!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• There is no 'normal' when it comes to having kids.

I fell pregnant with my second child when my first was 6 months old even though I was using contraception. Since my first was 2 months premature she was developmentally 4 months old, and while she was 15 months by the calendar she was developmentally only 13 months old when her sister was born.

As it turns out, it was a blessing I fell pregnant when I did. My test results came back "Never try another pregnancy" - a week after I found out I was pregnant! So if not for that fortunate failure my older girl would have been an Only Child which I don't think would have been good for her. I got myself sterilised after the second, though!
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My cousin had her first son Feb. of 2006 then had her 2nd son Dec of 2006!
    porterjoshua06

Answer by porterjoshua06 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2008