Are you a face picker?

I am, to the point that I CANNOT STOP.
Short of smashing every mirror in the house how do i stop? I just realised i spent 5 hours destroying my face...... Help me!

06Lilraysmom

Asked by 06Lilraysmom at 12:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• No..Im not.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Pick up a book, wash dishes, mop the floor and eveytime you catch your hands near your face go wash your face instead
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It sounds like nervous energy. Try to find different things to occupy your time. Zoejain made a good suggestion about trying to change the habit to washing your face instead when you feel you absolutely need to touch it. It's all about control and mental discipline.

DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i have breack outs in my face so thats my only matter my face . I have in mine to do my facial and my treatments for my face by the clock.
    So i am in the computer or cleaning until is time to see my face in the mirror. i have a kit to go make up to fix any thing . so i hope you take care of your skin and do your duties too bye
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not since I reached a certain age and stopped breaking out in acne and pimples on my face. Before that, I wore liquid foundation to conceal blemishes. I believe the stuff also filled up my pores and caused me to squeeze them much of the time to get out the excess. I saw an article in which Katie Couric also believed this to be true of heavy makeup. She said she preferred wearing much less than she was made up for TV in. Steaming your face with a towel wrapped around a sink of water helps open the pores so that you can clean them out better. Follow that with a facial mask. Those Biore strips are not worth the money.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 4:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Nope. But you should really stop.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It is a subconscious way of relieving stress.. much like nail biting, smoking, or anything else related. So just try to find another way to relieve your stress, AND remember boredom is your arch enemy! So keep your hands busy! Chew gum, and read a book, or go for a walk or jog.. even better, get a friend to go with you, and talk while walking!! OR write! Write in a journal.. I know it sounds silly, or to easy, but I BET it WILL help!
    I hope this helped.. Good luck! =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• When my acne treatments are working really well, then I don't have anything major to pick, and that stops me....a trip to the dermotologist could help.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• When you notice yourself picking try and do something else, if it is acne try Pro-Active it really works!!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• say no to crank.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 1:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011