Whats wrong??

my daughters dad and i have been broken up for almost 2 years now. we were together for almost 6. we have learned to be really good friends we talk and give each other adivse. we do not see each other in person because we live in two different cities. but when we talk over the internet, as our conversations are going smoothly and on a friendship level, i usually cry and its not just a few tears and i dont really get why. me and him couldnt get along or anything and i dont want a relationship with him, but it always hurts to look at him too long... i wonder why....

acha1985

Asked by acha1985 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• That happens sometimes to me too.. With my first love. Just knowing that he's so close yet so far away.....kills me.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• it almost seems to me like he can hear when i am crying and rally need him because everytime it happens when i feel like i need him to say something just to get me through my day, he calls me and instead of saying hi he asks whats wrong like he heard me or something.
    acha1985

Comment by acha1985 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I think you miss how you thought it would be with him.You know as soon as the two of you reconciled, it would go back the way it was, and you would remember why you split up.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The two of you created a life together, so I believe that you and he will always have an attachment for each other. Think of it like this: If you glue two pieces of paper together and then try to separate them, you will always have parts of each piece of paper that will pull off and remain attached to the other. Try it sometime. It is impossible to separate the two without leaving some remnants attached. The same is true of relationships, especially those that result in the creation of a child.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i always seem to break down and cry and i feel like i love him and sometimes i say i love him but he asks me why and not to do that, we have been apart alomst 2 years and i should feel like that.
    acha1985

Comment by acha1985 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I think that when relationships end, people tend to dwell on all the good things about the relationship and not the bad parts. And now that you guys are in a place where you're friends and are nice to each other, even though you don't want to be with him, you are still remembering what was good about him and your relationship with him. It's not a bad thing, especially since you recognize that you don't want a relationship with him. It's nice that you have these memories that you can share with your daughter one day and that you are friends enough now that you can pull together as parents when your daughter will need you both in the future
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• @ bluebird88874 that too is a really good point. its just that after the tears i feel "stupid" for lettin him see me cry over him. i thought i had strength, at least strong enough not to cry, but i still do it.
    acha1985

Comment by acha1985 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• ur missing all the memories that u two were together and its ok if u cry while talking to him.
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 12:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• it makes me feel like i have no strength when i cry and its hard to put into words.. maybe i am in denial about how i really feel.. who knows.
    acha1985

Comment by acha1985 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011