How much do I feed him?

My baby boy recently turned 6 months old and I'm supposed to be giving him baby cereal and baby food during the day as well as his regular formula. I was wondering how much of cereal, fruits, and veggies you would recommend I give him each day?

Luna88

Asked by Luna88 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start out small, it's not an exact figure, every parent has their own opinon in feeding their child, be sure to start out slow. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• U can give him mashed potatoes,cooked carrots,it does not have to be all baby food. The rice cereal can be mixed in with the formula,just once a day. fruits for lunch and veggies for dinner. I'm sorry with lunch and dinner.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Give him his formula as usual (or if you'd been nursing, you'd nurse as usual). OFFER solids after a bottle/breast feeding. You don't have to use cereal, or even baby food if you'd prefer not to. Puree, mash up, or cut into SMALL pieces some of the foods you are eating. If it's not naturally soft, bake or steam first. Banana, avocado and sweet potato are great starter foods. Follow his lead. Anything from a few bites to an ounce or so is normal. Even NONE is normal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011