Am I in real danger?

My 18 year old stepson exposed himself to me when we were alone at home yesterday. I yelled at him to cover up but he just stood there laughing at me with an erection. He has a history of threatening behaviour towards me and has also hit me on one occasion. I am afraid of him. He is so unpredictable. Is this normal 18yr old behaviour or do I have good reason to be afraid of him?

Ilovebooks123

Asked by Ilovebooks123 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Get him out of your house!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You have a very good reason to be afraid, take him to be seen to a doctor is not normal at all!

Answer by older at 12:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would be contacting his dad about this asap. something is wrong, it might just be that he enjoys your reaction or it may just be time to get him into counseling and out of you home
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I honestly think he has a problem and i think u should get him help or call the police
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 12:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I agree with SuperrMommyy. Have you told your Husband yet? I think it is time for a talk to figure out what to do.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I agree! It is not normal! He sounds like he is very disturbed! did u tell your husband what he is doing? U need to! Get him out of the house if u r scared for your safety! Make sure he does not have any house keys! Get an order of protection against him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I told my husband about it and he thinks he is on drugs. I don't believe that is the issue. I know a lot of guys who did drugs at that age and never heard of anything like this. I think there is something mentally wrong with him.
    Ilovebooks123

Comment by Ilovebooks123 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Where is your husband on this,..his Father?! If your husband doesn't throw him out on his ass, you have even bigger problems. I would call the cops and have his punk ass thrown out or put in jail. He needs to learn a hard (no pun intended) lesson.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would call the police. He is very much a danger to you and this can easily escalate into something worse if he's mentally disturbed.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I told my husband that I don't feel safe with his son here. So he is going back to live at his mother's house.
    My husband is making this incident sound like "boys will be boys" and he is making me feel like I am making more out of this than is really there.
    Ilovebooks123

Comment by Ilovebooks123 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2011