How can i help her stomache pains

At night my daughter seems to have stomache pains. I am starting to think that maybe she is colic. She sleeps great during the day but at night when she drinks I can hear the formula hitting her stomache like a gargeling noise. i dont believe that is normal. please give any advice you may have. she is only 6 weeks old.

madreat20

Asked by madreat20 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shes probly getting it to fast switch nipples
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• She may be allergic to her formula and you might want to start her on another brand to see if that helps. You can also try Similican (?spelling) drops to help the gas.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• First off, you need to talk to the pediatrician about it.

Maybe you should also try a different formula.
    I ALWAYS recommend baby (fennel) tea for stomach problems. Thats the best you can get for babys little belly. (helps for constipations, diaherea and even when they cant sleep)... sometimes when our daughter couldnt sleep and her stomach hurt i would mix the formula in the babytea instead of only water.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my babies sometimes act like their tummies hurt and i use gripe water ...you can get it almost anywhere like walmart or target and it seems to calm them down within five minutes
    whittyf

Answer by whittyf at 7:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Talk to your doctor before giving your baby anything orally.

I can hear the same thing in my breastfed son at night...it's usually because he's eating too fast on an emptier belly. Make sure you burp her extra often when this is happening, even if she gets mad that you've stopped feeding her.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• GRIPE WATER IS LIQUID GOLD for gas pains, hiccups, burps, etc. Get something with Oil of Fennel in it. Use it sparingly (like at bedtime) or when it seems especially bad because it will become less effective if you use it too often.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My son had colic! I got some colic tablets(made by hyland's) for him and they work! They are 100% all natural with no side effects and dissolve instantly! You can get them from walmart, Kmart, or any drug store!
    porterjoshua06

Answer by porterjoshua06 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I also changed his formula 5 times and ended up using Nutramigen Lipil by Enfamil! It's cost $25.99 but it's for colic!
    porterjoshua06

Answer by porterjoshua06 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008