How soon?

I had my baby 2.5 months ago and I got my period a week ago. I am breastfeeding most of the time but give him a 4 oz. bottle or two a day. I was just wondering how soon everyone else got their period back while they were breastfeeding and if that means I'm ovulating again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i had my daughter in january and got my period in march and i believe if you got a period that you are ovulating!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 1:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If a new mom is not not exclusively breastfeeding, chances are she will begin having a period soon, and you DEFINITELY are fertile because you only have a period if you have ovulated. Unless you are planning to have another right away, be sure to check with your doctor about birth control options.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If you are getting a period, assume that you are ovulating. A friend of mine had 3 kids with no periods in between. She breastfed all 3. I got my period when DD was 9 months and when my twins were 14 months. Everyone is different.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011