Trying to be POSITIVE

So there are a few things that have been getting me a little frustrated and I hear that positive energy brings positive outcomes!! SO I am attempting to look at things differently...to be more positive. anyone else try it and it actually work?? examples??

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• I try to think of worse circumstances that others are in.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• This has been my motto for all my life! even if what I am thinking positive thoughts and it still stays negative, I always try to find the good in a bad situation, there is always something good, you just have to look for it.

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't have a specific example for you - but I'm trying to do the same thing. Down with negativity - good luck to you!
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Being positive in general just makes your surroundings better! If you wake up frowning your whole day is going to be about a frown. But if you wake up and think about all that you are blessed with... Another day breathing alone is enough to make me wake up with a smile on my face!! =) It takes so much more energy to be negative. The more I smile, the happier and the more grateful I am for what I do have in life!
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 1:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• YES! It does work. You can get the DVD "The Secret" by V. Byrd, or something like that. It's all about the power of positive thinking. There are some short clips on the internet, if you want to start there. How it helped me:
    My dog Billy ran away. He's a gorgeous, 82 lb, AKC registered Siberian Husky with blue eyes and soft fur. I was boarding him at a friend's house, and she lived near a semi-frozen lake. I was so afraid he'd be hit by a truck or drowned in the lake. Friends and I called and called and looked for him, and I was in tears. Then I remembered The Secret. I cleared my mind. I drove back to my friend's house. I thought positive thoughts, and pictured my dog coming to me. I make it feel real, wrapping my arms around his neck and showering him with kisses. When I opened my eyes, he was sitting in the road looking at me not fifty feet away. I wept, but I've never forgotten that moment.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The Secret is by Rhonda Byrne. The website is http://thesecret.tv/ . Have fun! I sort of believe in what she's saying in the DVD, to some extent. Take it with a grain of salt. We can't all win the lottery :(
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011