Can I still dye my hair if I do this?

I dye my hair myself and I usually wash it then I wait the next day to dye it I have heard it's best if hair is a day not washed bc of oils in the scalp and hair it also helps the color to stick better. Well lately I have been putting it off I'll say I have to dye my hair tonight but I don't too lazy so the next day I have to wash my and then I have to wait another day so it will be unwashed but today I decided to go walking/jogging and sweated so I jumped in the shower and did not wash my hair but gave it a rinse with cool water just to feel cool does this still count as skipping a day not washed and I can still dye it?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I can honestly say I dyed my hair when I felt like it and haven't had issues. Just make sure you don't go extreme colors because if you have dark hair like me and want to go blond you have to strip and then dye and that seems to equal fried to me.
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wouldnt worry to much about it, as long as it feels clean, and theres no gel or hairspray in it.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I useually skip one or two days even.and that is fine and I don't conditon my hair. I think if you have skipped a day of washing and just rinsed your hair it is fine. Just a matter of what you think works best for your hair.
    jewelz2u

Answer by jewelz2u at 2:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I can honestly say I dyed my hair when its very dirty so the chimicalas dont harm so much my scalp . and that same day you wash away the color then if you want the same color again ,see roots grow and decide when to color again one s a month 1 1/2 month etc. But dont wash first your hair to color it. Read the box or google search bye
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• if you are going to refresh the shaft/ends, and they are dirty with products/silicones, especially, you do need to wash or give it a good rinse. otherwise, your 'refreshing' will not do as well.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would go ahead and dye it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I never waited a day...but then I have naturally oily hair...you're probably okay if you're feeling greasy after that run.

Any chance you have a boar hair brush? Those help spread the oil in your hair roots down to the ends, could be just the trick you need.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011