UGH! Why a BFN when AF is late!!

I took a pregnancy test VERY early when I was pregnant with my daughter and got a positive, and so maybe that was rare but I took it before I was even late. SO now that I am a day LATE and still got a BFN when I tested, I am very frustrated! How long should I wait to test again? I am thinkin Thursday... has anyone else had this problem??? I'm just so frustrated! I have my hopes up because AF is late, but I still have a BFN and that's so discouraging! I hate this waiting game! lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i wish i could tell you some thing great but i too tested positive before i was even late and now my cycles are so irregular it is really hard to tell when i am actually late and i have been charting for a while but best of luck TTC
    ChevellesMami

Answer by ChevellesMami at 8:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The same thing happened to me today. It's driving me crazy, especially since I've never been late unless pregnant. Best of Luck Mama!
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm going through the same thing! My period was supposed to be her on the 13th this month and still hasn't arrived! I tested on the 14th (1 day late) and got BFN. I am convinced I am pregnant so I will be testing again tomorrow (at 4 days late). Don't lose hope! Sometimes it takes longer for the HCG to reach your urine. Also, I tested a day before my missed period when I was pregnant with my daughter.My doctor told me that all pregnancies are different so just try to stay positive!
    As far as when to test again, I say atleast 3-4 days. Give AF time to show up or the HCG time to build up. GOOD LUCK!
    Keep me updated!
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 8:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I was two weeks late and all the tests were still negative. I took at least 10 tests in those 2 weeks (OCD - I know) I tested early morning and late at night after fasting for a few hours - everything. I tried ept, first response, target brand, digital normal and even the dollar store tests. TWO WEEKS I was late and all negative - went to the dr, had blood drawn and BFP!!!!! It happens so hang in there, maybe you are maybe not but don't give up hope! I did a poll on here while I was having these problems and like 40% of moms said they were late and got BFN so it happens more than you thinnk.
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2008