How dumb can your animals act?

This is partly my fault, but it honestly never crossed my mind.

So I was outside playing with the kids. They have one of those totes with the rope handles for their pool toys. I looked over at our 4 month old husky/king shepherd puppy and he is sleeping propped up against it. The more I look, I realize the silly thing had his head stuck in the handle!!!!! Glad I caught it before he hanged himself. It took a lot of force to get his head loose, so how he got it in there in the first place,i have no clue. Yes, I moved the tote out of reach from him. I just honestly never thought his big head would fit in there....

So what have you found your silly animals doing??

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 1:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pets

• My big bad Bulldog was too scared to walk by the barbeque pit in the dark. I had to move it so she would come back inside. She is also terrified of grocery bags and our cat, but she will chase and attack a lawn mower, weed eater, power wheels car...etc.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 2:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• the cats and chase the broom...it makes it impossible to sweep. With my pitt bull Boomer.. One night when me and Dh were headed to the movies i decided to turn the video camer on to see what the dog did while we were away...whe we got home and watched the tape we couldnt believ it..and couldnt stop laughing. first he ate the garbage..then he went to go lay down on my clothes where he knew he want allowed. Then he got hold of one of my shoes and started flipping it in the air and barking at it. The best was he looked at the couch..then at the door, got on the couch, looked back at the door, couch, door..then barked at it did a front flip into the cushions and proceeded to chew the crap out of my cushions. he bit a hole in one of them and stuck his head in it and all you could see was his head moving back and fourth under the fabric. he was just rolling in the mess and chewing the couch to shreds. It was soo funny to watch.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We were going for a walk and there was a turtle on the side walk and my dog walked up to it, sniffed it, and when it went back into it's shell to hide my dog freaked out!
    He dragged me all the way home and all along the way he took notice of rocks, some trash, even a bike, and freaked out at them all.
    I guess he wasn't expecting the turtle to be alive so then to him, EVERYTHING could be alive and move and get him at any moment. ... stupid dog lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• lol

My dog chased a skunk into a corner and got sprayed, dumb dog! Hopefully he learned a lesson. He's so big that when in the house he turns arround his head almost always bumps into a wall or piece of furniture! It's funny.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 4:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not really dumb but when it is time to play frisbee, my dog jumps up and down like there is no tomorrow - it cracks me up!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Our cat was being nosy when we got home from grocery shopping one day! She crawled into one of the empty bags and got it stuck on her head. It took us 15 minutes to catch her to get the bag off. Every time she would move, she freaked out by the sound of the bag and would try to out run the bag! ! We laughed so hard trying to catch her! You can also scratch your foot on the carpet and she will jump straight up in the air from being scared of the sound!
    mom2lilangels

Answer by mom2lilangels at 1:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2011