Question about my daughter's dad.....PLEASE HELP.

I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me & i broke it off with him. I hung out with a guy last night & somehow my kids dad found out. He texts me and says I'm fucked and I needa get a lawyer cuz hes taking the baby.

-his names not on the birth cert.
-his mom just got a $200,000 settlement and they can hire a good lawyer.
-he smokes weed but uses that stuff where it will clean your pee for a drug test
-not a steady job
-lives with his mom & dad
-I have two other daughters (6 & 4) I've raised myself.

What are my chances.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• It doesn't matter that you had a guy over, and none of that stuff on your list matters either.
    He may get visitation if he passes a DNA test, but that's about it. And YOU get child support.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• He is full of hot air.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Relax, he cant do anything. You broke up with him and are entitled to date someone else. There's nothing illegal about that.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• have you ever had a dna test done? otherwise if he is not on the birth certificate without the proof that he is the babies father theres not much he can do even with a good lawyer at least in the cases that i have seen with friends n family.
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• He can't take your kids away with a good lawyer or not, he has to have proof that your an unfit mother & that your kids are in some sort of danger with you for the judge to give him full custody, if your a good mother then you have nothing to worry about.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• He is going to try to take your kids because you hung out with a guy?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• he has no case your entitled to see whoever u want. your not married 2 him
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• From what I know, his chances are SLIM! He would have to prove you to be an unfit mother. That is very hard to do!
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 1:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it hun, he'd have to have a damn good reason for taking your kids away, and i'm sure he doesn't have poo against you. Whatever you do though, don't text him back or pick up his calls, just wait and talk to a lawyer.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2011