Some cute idea's to tell our daughter she is going to be a big sister??

I recently found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child. I have a 4 yr old daughter and I want some cute ideas on how my husband and I could tell her. So far I thought about getting her a Big Sister T-shirt and a book?

meabellas_mommy

Asked by meabellas_mommy at 1:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That is a good idea... You have to record that! lol! When I told my ex's daughter that I was pregnant I didnt get a good response tho. she was 9. very jealous right away! my nephew tho took it like a champ- he is 3...
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 1:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I was going to say tell her you have a special present for her and have her unwrap the big sister t-shirt.
    Anonymous

• Yea I am defiantly going to have her unwrap whatever it is....and will record it!!! But she's been the princess for 4 years. But here recently when we decided it was time for #2 we had her involved....asking her if she wanted to be a big sister and telling her baby names and stuff so I think she'll be excited!!
    meabellas_mommy

Comment by meabellas_mommy (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wrote a message on my stomach from the baby..It said Hi Madie Can't wait to meet you! love, the baby. We gave her a big sister shirt and let her wear it to tell my parents.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My daughter is 3. When we told her, i was videotaping. She literally did not care at all. lol. She just kept asking for the camera. I think it didn't really sink in til we kept talking about it. In the video I would say "Do you want a baby brother or a baby sister?" and she would say "I want the camera". Haha. That was 4 months ago, now when she watches the video she thinks its hilarious.
    amy_rebecca

Answer by amy_rebecca at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011