Did you ever get into trouble for something as a child and as an adult wonder what in the world your parents were thinking?

Today I was making tuna sandwiches for lunch and it reminded me of being about 14 and getting chewed on by my mom for using a whole can of tuna to make 1 sandwich. Normally, she wasn't too bad, but I remember being so upset about her yelling at me for being "wasteful" that I didn't eat tuna at home ever again.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 2:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My "what were they thinking" moments are usually "what were they thinking when they believed that ridiculous lie I told them". My parents were very gullible when I was a teen, and I was one of those rebellious teens. I can't believe some of the stuff they believed!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I washed my hair in my parents bathtub one day while they were gone because my little brothers wouldn't get out of our bathroom, my dad grounded me and wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks. I never went in their room again without my mom in there.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I got totally reamed one time because we were going to a wedding, and my dad spelled the name of the bride wrong on the card...so being the helpful 11 year old that I was, I tried to fix it. I truly wonder what was so important about that card that my dad felt the need to berate me and make me feel so small. I would just go find another envelope.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• One time i got yelled at after doing laundry and being wasteful (when i totally wasn't) so i didn't do laundry after that and then I got yelled at for how many clothes my mom had to wash when she had banned me from doing laundry and said that i need to do more things for myself but when I did I got yelled I was all make up ur mind woman lol.
    dwn2ridehtchck1

Answer by dwn2ridehtchck1 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011