How can I live with an emotional manipulator ?

History: My husband is stationed in a different city.. Wevcame to stay with mother in law , because she broke her back... and there were not any jobs in the city where my husband is stationed at. There are several other reasons why we can move back with my husband at the current time.
So here I am living with an emotional manipulator and emotional abuser, who has had me questioning me my sanity at several points in time. She fits all the criteria
http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/emotional_manipulation.htm Everything on this list she has done to me over and over again. I want our relationship to work, because my husband loves her so dearly. But she puts an act on when he is around of course! When she leaves the house my kids behave so much better the tension and negativity is lifted off the roof.. When we talk she turns everything around and goes and tells my husband. I dread when they are talking to each other because I know it is a matter of time before he will call me and go over what her complaints are. Which infuriates me. She does things that she knows will upset me like take all the spoons out of the kitchen so me and kids don't have spoons.. problem solved go buy new spoons right. But it makes me feel like we are not good enough to even eat off of her dishes. I have had 2 friends come and stay with my for the summer and both times , while I was working or in the shower or whatever she sits them down and starts talking crap about me to them. ERRR! She tries to manipulate them and they refuse and then she doesn't talk to them again. I fallen in her trap of BS and am trying to get out, unknowing at the time in order to make things work with her. I am so tired of getting my husband involved, and I am so tired of living with this wretch, and I don't have the option to pick up and leave.. (ok I do have the option ,but it is not in the best interest for us financially). I am spending so much wasted time on her and the terrible things she does and says to me. I overcome every time we get in a a disagreement, but it is all around me. Everything in this house is hers, nothing except clothes is mine and the stuff I have put up in my room. I am paying for the mortgage and she basically lives here for free, she watched the kids while I works nights is her rent so do speak. I am stuck, I have tried everything, I can think of. Any Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Baby girl- It may not be best financially but if you can make the move,,, GO! You dont need to put up with that and neither do your kids. This will end up straining your marriage if it goes on to long. You really need to get out of there. If your kids act better when she is not around there is obviously a problem!!! Is your husband military? Do you have anyone that could help you out as far as financially to get you out of there? maybe borrow the money or something?
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 2:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011