How would you feel

ur child going to a universary. she quit her 1st one then went to community college now trying to go for a 3rd college. I honestly don't know how she'll pay for it but it's not my problem. I'm tired of it....she just needs to go to ROTC and have them pay for it and she needs to grow up.....she's 19 and lies to everyone about her life she's trying to make herself look good but I know the truth about her. Yes she has drank I don't know about drugs she had a miscarriage (not her fault) she's living with a married man and he has a kid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• You sound very frustrated. Have you and your daughter been having problems lately? I hope you two can work it out. It doesn't matter that she's 19 and legally an adult. 19 yr olds can still be very immature. There will be times when she needs a mom to come home to. My 19 yr old came home after marrying a guy we begged her not to marry. She was pregnant, and he threw her out. After one week of marriage, he decided he didn't want to be married any more. Since he lived with his mom, it wasn't like my DD had anywhere else to go. She came home. I could have said "told you so!" I so wanted to! But we welcomed her with loving arms. It was a few more years before we were able to really be close again, but I'm so glad I was part of her solution, and not part of her problem. You have to be the adult! She isn't. You don't have to pay for her college, but let her know that she is still welcome in your home. She may need it one day.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 2:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Maybe she just isn't sure enough of the future career she wants to fully commit to one major? I would support my daughter with whatever her decisions are.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I hope you are not paying for her college. The rest. She is grown and can basicly do what she wants.

Answer by louise2 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• As long as you are sending zero dollars her way, she is free to make her own decisions. That doesn't mean, though, that you need to sit back and not give advice. Parents are there to guide, and that does not end at 18. You don't need to support it financially, though.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Too bad that she chooses to live that way. All you can do is give her a shoulder when it all falls apart.

We, as humans, have to make our own mistakes.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• What is your question?
    rainha

Answer by rainha at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011