For mommies who use steam mops!

I had a random thought last night. First, I love my steam mop, especially since it does a great job without having to use chemicals in my home. Secondly, I know a lot of mom's on here suggest using vinegar as a cleaning agent. Thirdly, I use vinegar to clean the inside of my coffee pot by running it through just like water. ..... my question is, do you think it would hurt a steam mop to use vinegar and water instead of just water? Do water and vinegar steam at the same temperature? I was wondering if anyone else has thought of or done this? Any ideas on how I can combine vinegar with my steam mop without hurting my mop?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 2:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Mop? What's that? ;)
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 2:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes, it is safe.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have not tried that. I usually during the week mop on my hand and knees with Mr.clean all purpose with antibacterial so it kills germs. Then on the weekends i take my steam mop and mop the floor with that.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• You don't really need to concern youself with vinegar. If you are concerned about residue use distilled water. Vinegar isn't really necessary however, if you don't leave it in the mop long term it should be fine. We have the heavy duty equipment for our cleaning biz so we don't encounter the need for vinegar with steam, you shouldn't.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 3:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't have one, but I would love to.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The steam mops kill 99.9 % of germs using steam. So, I only occasionally feel the need to use another sort of cleaner on my floors.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I figured the vinegar would help cut the dirt on the linoleum a lot easier.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011