Not sure what to do about this *TMI* adult content

I just found out my husband is a bisexual. I am totally open and supportive of him. Now I belong to some groups and am friends on here with several ladies that are religious. I know that they won't approve of this and will say things along the lines of not natural, against the Bible, etc. I'm not sure how to handle this. I am totally open and supportive of my husband and I don't want to lose some good friends on here but I'm not going to pretend to be ashamed of who my husband is. I love him regardless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to set boundaries. This doesn't give him a license to behave like he's on spring break. If he's "exploring", once a month. If he finds someone steady, I'd say he can have "dates" twice or 3 times a month. ALWAYS having protected sex is a must- for him, and now for you two as well. Make sure you are both getting regular testing, etc.
    And who cares if you lose "internet" friends? Hopefully your real friends and family will be understanding.
    PS- there are lots of lifestyle groups out there on the internet where you'll find lots of support!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If they insist you must be ashamed, they aren't your friends to begin with.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't think that anyone should critcize him because he is bi-sexual.
    But I do think 'fathfulness' and "fidelity " will be an issue and you will have to decide how you feel about him possibly cheating on you . It is still cheating if he sleeps with another man or another woman, and you will need to decide on theboundaries,etc in your marriage and how you feel about adultery.
    Personally, I would not stay with a man who cheated---doesn't matter if it would be a man or a woman. Cheating is cheating and it would be a deal breaker for me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• They aren't your real friends if they drop you over this.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It shouldn't matter what his sexual whims are - if you're married, they should only be happening with you.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 2:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Exactly, I'm a bi woman, but that doesn't mean it's OK to go hook up with a girl and cheap on my man. The emotional cheating is really what will hurt your marriage.
    Anonymous

• But how supportive could you be since you are married to him? Is he planning on pursuing these feelings by sleeping with someone else?

Anonymous

Agreed, and what happens in your bedroom is only between the two of you. I don't think it's anyone elses business, nor is it information you need to be sharing with others.
    Anonymous

• u know...there were many times that i wondered if my ex swung on the other side of the fence. he just had that certain something that i questioned. i don't think that i could ever be with someone that wants to be with other ppl especially if ur married. i don't care if it's a man, woman, whatever. but first off, u shouldn't worry bout what other ppl think of you and your relationship. if you are gonna be fine with it and have made peace with that, then good. i have come to see that the "church" ppl are the first to judge. I have seen that first hand. don't get me wrong i used to go to church and there's nuttin wrong with that or ppl that do go. I don't think it's anyone's place to lay judgement on anyone. because 9 times outta 10 they have something goin on in their lives that they need to fix first.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I am a firm believer that whatever sexual orientation someone is, he/she should be with only one partner. Otherwise, they are cheating and there is not true love involved in their relationship anyways, so why BE in the relationship. So, if he is bi, you are supportive of his sexual orientation, and he wants to stay with you, he should be with YOU. Being in love with someone means you want to be with that person and only that person. If he is not in love with you, then he will seek other relationships I suppose.
    Anonymous