TATTOOS WHILE PREGNANT!?

i had gotten a tattoo,5 stars not big,b4 i realized i was pregnant..
im thinking i was just a couple weeks pregnant..
could this have any effect now???..i didnt finish my tattoo (colored in) because its bad while your pregnant.i just found out though after my 5 stars

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The problem with tatoos while pregnant is that you are at a higher risk of infection when you are pregnant. Also the ink can get into your blood stream an effect the baby. It will probably be OK since you are not very far along. There are some people that think its OK to tatoo while pregnant/breastfeeding, most people will tell you no deal. Your skin also reacts differently so your skin may not take the ink as well so you may have to have it redone when you have the baby. Congrats on your pregnancy!
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Imo I think you were too early for it to effect anything.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 12:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I had a large back piece done when I was about 4 weeks with my daughter and I didnt know yet..and she is just fine,so I wouldnt worry
    s_newton86

Answer by s_newton86 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I got my first tattoo and found out the next week that I was pregnant. I wouldn't worry. Just let your doctor know your concerns.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2008