Weird words

Do you or does your DH have a word that you use on a regular basis that is antiquaited? My DH calls our fridge the ice box...hello what is this 1910? lol

salexander

Asked by salexander at 6:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• LMFAO are you my sister? Her husband does the same thing, My husband calls everything a "deal" WTF a deal is something that is made between to people, it isn't a table or couch, a dresser drawer or anyhting else
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• mine uses the word "Show" Like, when I went to the show............. It drives me NUTS! Reminds me of my grandparents! LOL!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you have ever used T9 on your phone for texting, sometimes weird words appear that isn't the word you typed. Once we typed in "bitch" and what came out was "chubie" . Now, my friends and I call people "chubies" (pronounced Chewbies) and they don't know what we are talking about. LOL!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• When I get startled I yell out "JEEPERS!" and I have no idea where it came from. Some times I swear there is a little old lady living inside me...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband suddenly goes British every so often and starts referring to the bin. The first couple of times he did it, my SS came to me confused to ask for clarification. My BIL though, constantly to refers to his truck as the automobile. He never says the truck, the vehicle, the car, nope. Just the automobile.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• OMG, my husband says "deal" too. It drives me nuts. My dad used to call the fridge the ice box when I was a kid. I don't know why. He grew up in the 50s...they were fridges back then. I guess it was something he got from his parents.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• instead of "dinner " , my s/o says supper. I think it's a bit oldfashioned but adorable.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We live in the country and when we have to go grocery shopping or whatever I always say "well, we need to head on out to town"....lol. Like I live in 1954 Nebraska and I need to go pick up my 3 month supplies....lol.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My mom says a word all the time and I hate it. Instead of saying "holy cow" or "oh my gosh" she will say "Gads". I hate it.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 7:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Dh and his family calls spaghetti noodles "stems". WTH??? IDK, they're from the country.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008