What happened to the nice men?

What happened to them opening doors for you? I went grocery shopping with dd today and was trying to hurry up and get home to pick ds up from school. After putting the groceries in the car I tried to shut the trunk, but the damn thing wouldn't catch. I sat there for 20 minutes in 100 degrees trying to shut my damn trunk. I know there were like ten men that passed by me while I was struggling to with the trunk and my 7month old daughter who was screaming her little head off. I called my hubby(since he know the special way to close it) he told me that it would be at least 20 min before he could get to me. Again more males passed by and not one offered to help. After about 1hr me and dd are finally home thanks to hubby. what happened to these good men? I guess they don't make them like they use too. lol

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Their all gay or taken
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Move to SC! I swear there are so many gentlemen here it's ridiculous! I had men coming to get my carts from me, opening doors, help load groceries, etc. It's really nice to have so many helpful people around. I've had men a couple times walk out a store see me with two kids and run back and tell me sorry they didn't get it for me sooner! That's happened on more than one occasion. It's either SC or the Marines I don't know but i like it!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• They are still around just far and in between!!!!!! Men are just not raised nearly as proper as they used to be!!
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 3:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Well, with all the lawsuits and crazy claims out there now days, they might be AFRAID to help someone, never know if they're going to say they tried to rape ya. I know that sucks but, that's reality anymore.

- And I don't mean you personally would say that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I live on AF base and most of the men are more than willing to help. I was trying to push a cart full of groceries out while holding DD because she was fussy, I was having such a hard time (the baggers usually do this for you and you tip them, but the bagger just ignored me that day). Half way there this older gentleman grabbed the cart and asked me where he was going with it. This happens all the time here, must be a military thing.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 3:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sorry, y'all..I got the LAST real, sexy, nice, and wonderful Man. ;D
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 3:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I need to move than! lol
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• 1. There are nice men out there. But their being nice does mean that you are their priority.

2. Next time, smile at the next guy who walks past you and say, "I'm sorry to bother you, but would you mind slamming this door for me? My muscles just aren't working today."
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 10:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2011