Moving in together?

My boyfriend and I have known each other for 10 years... We are looking into buying a house.. Everyone is against us, ookay not everyone, mainly my parents, the rest of my family don't care.. We already stay together every night. So should I just not worry about it.? Or should we not get a house together? I know it's a big step.... But him and my son get along so well and I'm really happy.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• do wat makes u happy. are yall considering marriage or anything?
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 3:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• How long have you actually been dating and why dont your parents like the idea of you two? Its your life. You do what you want to do. You just have to make sure that this is for the BEST interest of you son and you two are not going to break up a month from now and you will have to worry about how it is going to effect your little boy.....
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 3:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sure but your parents just don't want to see you get screwed over.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I knew my last boyfriend for 6 years--he was the nicest guy ever! He loved my two kids & they loved him. I let him move into my house. He changed..for the worst. I found out he's cheating on me.. now hes making it difficult on me & won't move his things out.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• then u've just answered ur question....who cares what they may think. if ur happy and u both have decided to go ahead with it..then that's all that matters. don't worry bout tryin to please everyone. :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If you aren't married and things fall through (not saying they will, but anything is possible, which is why there are people who are married for decades and then divorce) will the house be in both your names? I would worry if you were my daughter and it wan't.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• It's your life not there's - if you feel after giving both sides and weighing all options that this is what's best for you and your daughter - then do it. My DH and I lived together for a while before we married - my mother had the same issues and she got over it. Good luck in what you decide!
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We would like to live together and have a house before we get married, we see it as just a piece of paper.. My parents LOVE my boyfriend he even will visit them when i'm working!! They just don't want me to move out of their house..... :s.. They gotta understand it's rough living with them and having my own life...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2011