80% thinned out& 1 cm dilated

The doctor told me that she did not expect me to carry my son till next week!? I was due July 14th... Is there any reason why my cervix has thinned this fast??

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 3:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• everybody is diffent and if your only one cenemeter that can go for 3 weeks sooo dont worry baby will come when he wants to
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Because its preparing for labor. If you're due July 14 that's normal. Good luck and congrats :)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes, your body is telling it to get ready for labor and delivery. Many women are 100% effaced before active labor begins. It's a good thing. "Due dates" are only estimates.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• thanks ya'll she had me worried lol and I am 39 weeks sunday=)
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Why do doctors tell their patients this stuff? It's not accurate. Being 1 cm isn't an indicator of labor. I was 5 cm an 75% effaced for two months, 3cm for three months with the others and 85% effaced. It's simply your body getting ready.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• its ok hun your baby will be fine you are concidered full term at 37 weeks! congrats on your baby and good luck!
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Just because you are thinned out, doesn't mean you will go into labor right away. I was 70% and 2 cm dilated for 1 week and half before I actually went into labor with DD.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 3:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Sometimes the baby could just be ready to come
    keimom

Answer by keimom at 3:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011