Depression after an Ectopic Pregnancy

I had a tubal pregnancy in April that the Dr's tried to treat with chemo to avoid having surgery but that did not help and I ended up in the hospital with a ruptured tube. At first I felt ok and I thought I would be fine but now I am feeling extremely depressed and alone. I have pushed my fiance out of my life because it made me so unhappy that I made him unhappy to. I have tried to get him to talk to me about it but he acts like it isn't that big of a deal to him. Has anyone else gone through extreme depression after they lost a baby? My doctor prescribed me meds for a month but they dont seem to be helping.

SoLost1107

Asked by SoLost1107 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• suggestion of returning to the dr. to seek further help is all I can offer, never had this happen to me.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I had an ectopic a couple years ago and I went through a state of depression myself. My DH also didn't undertand how I felt and thought I was over reacting to something that was thankfully avoided. Ectopic pregnancies can be fatal, but that wasn't how I felt. I wondered (and still wonder) if there something could have been done. I wondered if the baby had a chance if there was someway to move it to the uterus wall. I blamed myself for it because I had started on birth control when I got my ectopic and wondered if that's what caused it. Alot of things went through my mind. I was torn apart. Don't push your fiance away, but try to get him to understand where you're coming from. Men don't understand what we go through with pregnancies. THat's not a sexist thing it's just a fact.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope everything works out for you and you get the baby you always wanted. *hugs*
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Thank you for that post. I have asked myself the same questions over and over again. My fiance has already left, I dont know if we will work things out or not. So on top of dealing with losing a very much wanted baby I am dealing with that also. Thanks again
    SoLost1107

Comment by SoLost1107 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I understand you 100% I had an ectopic pregnancy & lost my left fallopian tube because of it, thankfully my fiance was very supportive & was there for me, it's normal to be depressed I was depressed & still am sadden about losing my baby even though it was almost 2 years ago it hurts, but time will help a little & even though you won't forget you'll get better. Honestly your fiance is a jerk, I'm sorry but if he can't support you now in this hard time then he is not worth marrying, thats what marriage is also about support & to be there for one another through good times & in bad times. You deserve better let him go you don't need a man like that. I'm sorry for your loss sweetie ((HUGS))
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Thank you very much VanillaBlondie8. I guess I should not refer to him as my fiance any longer cuz we are no longer together and after how he treated me today I no longer have a desire to even speak to him. He has been my best friend for 6 years and I told him I just needed him to be my friend today and hold me while I cried because today was a really emotional day for me and he just blew me off like it didnt matter. The sad part is that we already have one child together and I really thought he would be here for me now. I didnt have any depression after I had my son so this has thrown me for a loop and I just dont feel like the medicine they have given me is working so I talked to the dr today and he gave me a different prescription. So I am praying that it helps.
    SoLost1107

Comment by SoLost1107 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to send me a message, I'm here for you =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I feel your pain, i just had an ep and am still feeling the depression that a lot of you talk about.. If it hadnt been a ep I would still be prego and about to give birth. I estimated my due date to be sometime around the end of august. not sure if due to it being an ep, my body told me i was prego before a home test confirmed. I was between week 2 and 4 when I started to feel sick and found out it was an ep around week 6 or 7. My husband and I went to a new place to eat and thought I was sick due to the food, but the next day I knew it wasnt that. Have not been back to said new place since. lol. I had a feeling it was a girl. I already have a son he is 6. Has anyone felt movement with an ep, a lot or little? Whats the furthest someone has been with an ep?
    missy2029

Answer by missy2029 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2013