Odd chest pains?

We climbed Pikes Peak (14,110 feet) yesterday and I started having chest pain near the top- totally understandable because of the lack of oxygen and strain on my body... however we got down from the mountain, I ate, showered, relaxed, and my chest started hurting again. That same kind of pain you get when you're doing cardio... not really bad... like the first signs that you are working your body. I'm sure it has something to do with the altitude and lack of oxygen at the top... but how should I take care of myself, and how long should I let my body do its thing before I see a doctor?

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 3:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• waiting to find out is never good. I work in the EMR and you should def get yourself checked out..not telling you anything you dont already know im sure :0)
    hollyjaramillo

Answer by hollyjaramillo at 3:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would see a doctor right away to rule out anything serious and to be safe!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't wait. Make an appointment and discuss it with the doc. It could be nothing, but it is really really easy to run some diagnostics to make sure!

hope you feel better soon.

In the meantime, make sure you are resting and very well hydrated.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011