Bible question

ok..before i even get started i wanna say i am no way or form an expert on the Bible...this is just me questioning. who knows..the Lord may even strike me down for asking. lol

if you really stop and think bout some of the bible stories do u believe them?
for example...moses parting the see, jonah n the whale,and also they have said for the past i dunno how many yrs that we are in the "end times"

I just think it's a lil far fetched sometimes. i mean we have ppl that can only live maybe to 110 tops and they had ppl in the Bible that were over 700 yrs old then they had kids. sometimes, i think that it's just a way for them to tell us how to behave so that way the ones that are scared won't do bad.

I know it sounds bad, but hey if u don't ask...u'll never know rite?? lol

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• ok..i spelled sea wrong..lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Those were called miracles and dont happen everyday. And the calendars were much different than those we use :) I'm no expert either but I doubt the Lord will strike you dead for it.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Faith, with faith its very easy to believe. I would also pray that the Holy Spirit guide and show you :0).

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The theory is that the earth was new and air quality would have been better as well as disease not being as developed or rampant so I think it's plausible that people lived to be 600-900 years old. I don't remember anyone in the Bible having kids at 700, but Sarai/Sarah was around 100. Kinda grody, but it's possible to live inside of whale or giant fish. It would be like hanging out inside of a dark, damp cave. Their stomachs are huge. The water in the Red Sea could have shifted or lowered temporarily.

Almost everything in the Bible can be explained by a scientific theory. Back then, they didn't have the scientific knowledge we have today so they passed it off as being a miracle.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• im gonna assume your Christian, if not please excuse my assumption.

you can be a Christian and not take every story in the Bible as literal truth. there are a handful of us here on CM that believe the stories are metaphors for how we should act and/or are the ancient ppl's way of explaining why things are the way they are. these stories were passed down orally for hundreds (maybe thousands) of years before they were written down so things might have been exaggerated. there are ways to make what happened in the Bible sound plausible so its really up to you to decide if you believe it as literal truth or not. but its not going to make you a better or worse Christian, just truthful to yourself.

and if the Lord doesnt strike down murders & the like, i doubt He'd strike down you for asking a question :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• miricals and faith
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Congrats. You have taken your first step into truth and reality.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes. I believe every word between the covers.
    Psst...you spelled "right" wrong, too. lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I don't believe the Bible is meant to be taken literally, so while most of it may not be historical or "real", I do believe that it contains great truth, if that makes sense.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• All scripture is given by God. Just because our human minds don't understand or can't believe it doesn't change it's reliability. In fact, science has found evidence supporting some of the Old Testament miracles.  There is a real danger in picking and choosing what we will and will not believe in the Bible. 
    As far as the end times don't let the foolishness of man seeking to bring attention to themselves and claiming to know things that no one else does fool you.  The foolishness and sinfulness of man does not change the character of God.

quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 8:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2011