Has anybody here used Chantix to quit smoking?

I've heard a lot of bad things about it, so I've been afraid to try it. (I've tried cold turkey, and each time I've tried that, it WASN'T pretty.)

ThreeKidsEnough

Asked by ThreeKidsEnough at 4:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Health

• Yes I used it and it was actually EASY to quit... seriously, but due to some crazy circumstances I stopped taking it and started smoking again, (your supposed to continue it for a min of 3 months). Then 3 years later I took it again and I was mean mean mean, and couldn't figure it out, so I gave up on it. But I know many people that have taken it and easily quit and have not started again. I would say if you don't have depression problems you can at least try it, if you feel crazy just stop taking it. Its also very expensive though. Good luck quitting! :0)

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I haven't personally but a couple of people I know have & have had really good results from it. I've heard some horror stories from it too... I think you can have a reaction to any type of medication though...
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• i used it. am now going on 3 yrs no smoking, yes there are side effects, use to have some really hellacious dreams from it.
    but allot of things have side effects.
    lilkitcat66

Answer by lilkitcat66 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Both my parents did and they were smokers for 40+ years!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I've used it twice and quit very easily both times. The first time i only took it for a week and a half and quit taking it after that. I quit smoking over a year that time. I started again, then got it again to quit and took it 2 weeks. I quit for quite a while that time too. Third times a charm i hope as far as staying quit lol. I'm getting another rx for it next week when i go back to the dr. I never had any negative side effects. Except for when i stopped smoking, when i would take it i would get a nauseus feeling for about 5 minutes right after. That only started about a week into treatment, once i stopped smoking with them.

Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My Dh had his first anxiety attack with it, he had quite a few and we both had nightmares that kept us up. The doctor took us off of it. We want to quit so bad, trying to ween ourselves off instead.
    Alaine628

Answer by Alaine628 at 5:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2011