I just had a baby, she is a little ove a month. Her father is african american and I'm white... I have no idea what to do with her hair,, she has so much of it!! HELP!!!

cutieepi69

Asked by cutieepi69 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I would ask her grandma
    Anonymous

• Buy a Pik. Wide tooth comb. Is his family close by to help with this. It would help a lot for you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• why not call a salon that is known for doing AA hair? its as easy as seeing someone (AA) in the mall/grocery store who's hair is beautiful, obviously cared for, and asking them where they get their hair done. then check that salon out, or better yet, get their stylist's #.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If she's a little over a month her hair is goin to change. I have a mixed son as well and his hair was tight curls after about 5 months. You can't put any chemicals in it at this point....I asked a black lady I saw at target in the aisle...I just told her I was clueless and needed some guidance
    Anonymous

• No offense but you dont have to go through any of that,shiw me a picture and I will exactly what to do with it.....my sister has four mixed babies. One is korean,the other two are white and my own children are half mexican-american.....my son was born with a mess load of hair but it was usually all down on his sides but when it did start to change, i used a bit of baby oil. and brushed his hair down and that was all.... my hair is not real fine or coarse at all but it is a lil rough and his dads hair is really fine and shiny somy babys hair is surprisingly like his fathers and he is 22 months now.
    tears30314

Answer by tears30314 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My friend who was of mixed heritage always put creamy baby oil (Johnson and Johnson) on her hair to make it not be frizzy. It hung in beautiful ringlets and smelled wonderful, and it had the healthiest texture and shine I've ever seen. I always loved her hair. I told a new mom about it several years ago and she's always used that with her daughters too.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 12:54 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Definitely the creamy baby oil. :)
    I have a friend who has this little girl with a whole head of hair that was just a little mess...lol.
    But that worked so well on hers.
    Like GrowingMama said, makes it smell wonderful (wish my hair smelled like that....lol) and looks so healthy, shiny and pretty.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My kids are mixed. Just use some baby oil or the pink oil.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Im half black/white and my dh is white,our dd didnt get hair until she was almost a year old LOL!However I use pink oil in her hair and everyone compliments her on how nice it looks.Good luck.
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I am mixed so it is good to use the baby oil,it makes it s,ell good too,i bet she is a sweet thing too good luck
    sugar402

Answer by sugar402 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008