If Obama is so upset by tax breaks for jet owners

Why did he sign the tax breaks into law and why did a democrat congress write them into the bill?

accelerated depreciation

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/news/economic-stimulus-bill-accelerated-depreciation-on-aircraft.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He's all talk..... and charades

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• – collapse
    If you don't like the way congress or the president is running things, run for office and then run for president. THat's all I gotta say.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Because he didn't read the stimulus bill, and ONCE AGAIN he has egg on his face!! LOL FAIL!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• – collapse
    Alright vote me down and just bitch about the economy, the policies, the president and congress and not do a damn thing about it. Be miserable. I was merely making a suggestion.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• No Imogine you were avoiding the FACT that this man is an utter hypocrite and the FACT that you are IN a POLITICS and CURRENT EVENTS forum whose entire existence is to discuss and debate these issues. If you dont like it might I suggest you dont COME here :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• He's not the first politician to say one thing and sign another.

Some do it to pander to the polls.

Others talk a lot and then realize that their idea of reality is a bit off once they get all the actual scope and details that only one in office would be privvy too.

With this president I assume it's more of the former than the latter, but politics brings out my inner cynic.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• If you don't like the way congress or the president is running things, run for office and then run for president. THat's all I gotta say.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine 21 m

I did not downvote this comment, because I like people to see stupid in all its glory.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Excuse me for making a suggestion.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Not that I support Obama,

But maybe it was one of the million little things in the bill that he doesn't agree with, but passed it because the bill on the whole he agrees with.

I see this as one of the major problems in our government. So many little things are tied into one big bill, and if you argue out all the little things, nothing will ever get done.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Seriously, if you don't like the way the country is being run than maybe you should take more affective approach besides complaining about it on a mom site. Try contributing ot society by voting or starting a campaign. Protest, make signs, march in Washington D.C. until the guy you don't like in the White House is out of the White House. What good does all that negative energy do here?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2011