Are you the only pet lover in your house?

My husband knew I loved animals and would always have pets before we got married. So now that we've been together for 10 yrs and have 2 dogs I don't get why he doesn't understand it. If we have pets, WE have pets. Everyone helps out with the care of them. He agreed to get both dogs before I got them, he even picked out our 1st dog himself. But when it comes to walks or baths he tells me.. You wanted a dog.. ggrrrrr!

Eko

Asked by Eko at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pets

• Hubby loves our dogs as much as I do and he helps me out with them all the time.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Lol we call my son the Zoo Keeper. Brings home anything. But I end up taking care of them.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LOL, I have the opposite. We have 1 dog right now and DH keeps begging for another one, I love dogs, but right now is not the time. We have a 9 month old DD and I am pregnant again, I keep telling him when the kids are older we can get another dog, but adding another puppy right now would be like adding 2 extra babies, instead of just the one in my uterus!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• LizzeeT- That equals them not really loving pets to me. If you truely loved something taking care of it is not a chore, just another way to show your love.
    Eko

Comment by Eko (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I think I take on that Mother role for the cats too however he's never been a cat man and I knew that, he loves them ( I think ) but he'd rather have dogs and thinks cats are gross lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Everyone in our family are dog lovers and we share the job of clean up/feed etc
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 4:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• We have fish now and i dont have to feed them or clean their tank but when we had our cat and dog that everyone else wanted they quickly became mine when it came to taking care of them
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Nope, my SO likes them too.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• im scared my fiance is goin to be like that .. he knows how i feel about animals but when it comes to my families pets he hates them n just wants nothing to do with them. he likes animals, doesnt mind them... i guess when he hate the person who owns the pet he hates the pet too? idk
    juggalo_mommi

Answer by juggalo_mommi at 8:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• Yes we all like pets and really spoil them.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2011