If you only want DH in there when you give birth..

If you only want DH in there when you give birth, have you thought of a back-up plan if he passes out? lol

My DH passed out during my 2nd-3rd contraction & was sent to the ER & then spent the rest of the time in the waiting room resting (he was given a pain pill) while my mom & MIL cared for me.

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Birth doula, I guess.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I would have been alone. My parents live over 2 hours away and my MIL wouldn't have been helpful at all - plus she would have needed a ride. My sister lived 4 hours away. I guess I'm glad DH didn't pass out.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• No, he wasn't allowed to pass out, lol.
    And anyway, he has seen births before, so I had nothing to worry about.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• My husband is a combat medic in the military, if he can't handle child birth he doesn't have any business in the line of work.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I didn't know of any men who actually passed out, LOL. They show that on TV a lot, but my husband spent most of my labors watching tv. My labors were long and we were both bored. If my husband hadn't been able to be there, I would have had my best friend or no one. There's no one else I would be comfortable with.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011